Travis’ work represents a search for meaning in the Semiotic Blanks.
Through the use of psychogeography, he maps his way through the world combining experiences with inner interpretations of them, to discover himself within a middle ground, defined as the Penumbra.
Using The Age of Sail as a point of departure, Travis attempts to capture the imagination and sense of wonder that once inspired early explorers to cast themselves out into the unknown, following the human drive to fill in the blanks on their maps. Travis hopes that his works inspire a deep introspection from the viewer, via symbolism and coded messages hidden within the works acting as sign posts to guide them along the way.
- Travis D. Hendrix, Travis D. Hendrix Second Bloom, Travis D. Hendrix Virtually Live
- Travis D. Hendrix Watercolour, Ink, Gouache on Old Drafting Paper 41.5 x 53.5cm
- Travis D. Hendrix, Travis D. Hendrix Virtually Live
- Travis D. Hendrix Watercolour, Ink, Gouache on Old Drafting Paper 42 x 53cm This work is in Berlin at present, so will take a few weeks to arrive, at no extra fee
- Travis D. Hendrix, Travis D. Hendrix in situ, Travis D. Hendrix Virtually Live
The Leading Edge
- Travis D. Hendrix Ink, watercolour and gouache on skatedeck 79 x 20.5cm